Saturday, September 18, 2010

Peas, Pods, Buns, and Ovens

Wow, it's been a long time since I posted here.  Let me get the excuses out of the way first.  I have two: first, I was busy traveling all of July with S. and our two dogs.  I got back home at the beginning of August, spent a few blissful days with the husband, his parents visited for a week, and then I went back to school.  Second, I had news that I was bursting to share, but needed to wait just a little bit before I felt I really could.  Now, I can.  It's hard to write about anything else when the only thing you want to write about you can't write about!


Many of you already know the news.  For those of you who don't, we are going to have another baby!  Yes, this was planned--we can't have a baby without a little help from the medical community.  However, I got pregnant much more quickly than expected.  Last time, it took us a full six months with clomid before I became pregnant.  This time, it took just two.  I found out I was pregnant while visiting family and it was almost impossible not to share the news, but I was too afraid of miscarriage.

Since I am now in my second trimester (just barely), I feel comfortable sharing the news with everyone.  I'm due in March.  Things are going well so far, though this pregnancy is vastly different from the last.  I'm cold instead of hot, have a ton of food aversions, have yet to gain any weight, am itchy all the time, and am much less moody than last time.


Technically, this pregnancy is high risk because S. was born early, but my doctor doesn't seem concerned and isn't really doing anything differently than last time.  The early ultrasound I had looked good and things seem to be moving along swimmingly.  I have another ultrasound coming up in late October.  I started to show last week (I swear, half of it is gas!).


If anyone has some great boy names that start with R or L, or girl names that start with I or N, I would appreciate it if you would drop me a line.

Now that I've shared the exciting news, let me give you a little update on everything else.  S. is doing great.  He loves his "school" and is almost always happy.  He is getting so big and so smart!  He can name a ton of animals, and knows there is a "beebee" in my stomach and "soup and kokcorn (popcorn)" in his.  He loves to pretend his is a dog or roaring beast of some kind.  he sings "Baa Baa Black Sheep" with me, which is way too cute.  He loves "this little piggy," but we have to play this little horse, zebra, and cow, too.  His favorite foods are soup and popcorn (see above).  He's not quite fully potty trained, still struggling with pooping on the potty, but we're getting there (v-e-r-y slowly).

Teaching is going fine this year.  I still don't love it.  My insurance sucks and I haven't gotten even a cost of living raise, but I have most of the same students I has last year and I really appreciate my new school.  L. is doing well, working very, very hard on his dissertation.  We don't get to spent much time together because he is always working, but neither of us can wait for him to finally be finished.

I'll try to post here more often in the next months and keep all of you updated on the baby.

Love to all,

No comments: