Thursday, December 18, 2008

Miss, This One's for You



Wow!  I hadn't realized how long it had been since I posted here last.  I have no excuse--well, actually, I have a lot of excuses but I'm not going to give them to you.  I know you don't want to hear them.  Instead, let me tell you about my sweet boy.  He's turning one in just over a week and he is absolutely the cutest boy in the world.  He is talking now and has been for two months.  He says "dada," "mama," "kikky," "dog," "hallo," and an unrecognizable word with a lot of p's that is Penelope's name.  He is trying to say "ba ba" and a few others.  He started waving good-bye this week.

S. still has no teeth, though he is teething like a demon right now.  He drools constantly--so much that he has a seriously chapped chin that no amount of Eucerine will heal.  I weaned him (because of some of my health problems) a little sooner than I wanted to, but he took it like a champ.  He sleeps in his own crib, and until he started teething he was doing pretty well with sleeping through the night.  He is such a sweet, snugly boy.  He cruises around the living room and plays with all his toys, then comes over to me for some snuggles.  

His sense of humor kills me.  He teases all of us.  He will offer food to the puppy, then pull his hand away at the last second and eat the food himself, laughing the whole time.  I'll ask for a kiss and he'll turn his face away, then wait for me to ask again and do the same thing, giggling, giggling, giggling.  He teases his daddy, too, and loves playing peekaboo.

He's so sweet-natured and so smart.  I know, I know, every mother thinks that, but I'm serious.  S. is truly a joy every day.  I can't believe that it has been a year since he was born.  He is a little boy now, not my baby anymore and while I absolutely enjoy S.'s current age (he is so much fun!) it breaks my heart a little that it isn't that tiny little bundle I brought home from the hospital anymore.  That stage was too short!  However, I'm can't wait to see and experience the stages yet to come for him.

Oh! and for those of you who don't know, it looks like he's a southpaw, and he's a mechanical genius already screaming for his own laptop. . . I see trouble ahead.




2 comments:

Libby said...

Do you have a picture of the sumo onesie? :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks Hannah. It feels good not to see that big hot dog when I go to your blog. I love the s. face.