Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Be Careful, it's Catching!

I have infected my dad with my unreasonable SIDS fear. We are staying with him right now and S. is sleeping on the adult bed in the guest room as I write this because I couldn't bring the cosleeper and it seemed silly to buy one to use for two weeks (please don't send me hate mail talking about how the safety of my son is worth any price). He's dead asleep and has been for about two hours; he hasn't slept more than 8 hours a day for the past two days. My dad has been up to check on him 5-6 times and I have checked on him 3 times. Since reading my posts about SIDS, my dad says he feels compelled to check on my baby boy every time he's sleeping to make sure he's still alive, maybe even poke him to make sure that he will move. When he told me, I laughed. I'm so glad to have someone share my obsessive fear.

L. says that as long as I'm not still checking on S. when he's nine to make sure he hasn't died of SIDS in the night, I'm doing fine. It's nice to have a husband who understands my craziness. Miss you, Sweetheart!

2 comments:

Sir CrankyPants said...

"dead asleep," interesting choice of words.

Sir CrankyPants said...

How come after drinking a bottl eof Sake my mouth tastes liek Peanut Butter? I didn't eat Peatnut Butter today.