Now, before you grab your torches, tar, and pitchforks, let me make it clear that S. stayed safely buckled into his car seat at all times. I, channeling my inner contortionist, tucked the leg closest to the car seat under me to give myself a little extra height, leaned into the car seat, and bared my breast. S. took care of the rest. He happily nursed and nursed and nursed until he fell asleep. By the time he finished I had a serious cramp in my lower back and my leg had fallen asleep, but it was worth it. S. had finally had a full meal was sleeping sweetly, and we were that much closer to home. However, I wouldn't recommend that other moms try this. I kept worrying about what would happen if L. got pulled over while I was nursing S. like a member of a freak show ("Step right up, Ladies and Gentlemen, and see the Amazing Drive Thru Mama. The only woman on earth crazy enough to breastfeed her baby in the back of a moving vehicle while he is strapped in a car seat!"). I knew that I'd get busted for not wearing a seatbelt and would likely be slapped with a public indecency charge, as well. I kept trying to justify my nakedness to myself by repeating over and over, "I'm doing this inside our own car, so how is that public indecency?"
Next time, I'll just bring a bottle.
1 comment:
LOL! Been there done that! I once nursed Belen while Phil was driving from Orlando to Tampa. It was ok until I had to switch breasts.
Post a Comment