Sunday, June 22, 2008

Echo of Wedding Bells


Today was L's and my wedding anniversary. In honor of that, this post is going to be about how wonderful my husband is. We have known each other for eight years and he is still the best man I have ever known. He can still almost make me pee my pants--he is that funny. He has a wonderful sense of humor and a flair for the absurd. He is whip smart and humble, constantly sure he needs to be doing better. He loves spending time with me and our son.

One of the things I love most about him is his self-awareness. He is aware of his flaws and works to minimize them. He is a great communicator, even though he could work on his listening skills. He is a wonderful father, and loves our son to distraction.

L makes sure that I always know he loves me. He still wants my booty after all these years and all the baby weight. He is romantic--buying flowers just because and he always gets me just the right gift. He tries really hard to make me happy, and succeeds admirably. He's a great snuggler and always rubs my head because he knows how much I like it (I really really really like it, maybe a little too much, even).

L is truly the best husband (for me anyway, so don't go getting any ideas, ladies). That being said, in the interest of honesty, I have to reveal (please don't be shocked) that L is not perfect. He snores REALLY loudly and I have to poke him all the time to get him to roll over so his deafening snores might subside. He takes a really loooooooooooooong time to answer questions sometimes and during the decade of silence between my question and his answer I scream inside my head. He also came with a cat that I hate. His cat is fat and hairy and unclean and whiny and I wish that I could throw it out of a 50 story high window. However, because I love L so much, I haven't done so.

All in all, I am very happy with the husband fate provided for me, even though I had to be dragged into commitment by the hair, kicking and screaming the whole way. Happy Anniversary, Sweetheart. I love you!!!

No comments: