I took my little guy to the doctor today for his six month check-up. He is 16.4 pounds and 26 inches long. He was happy and giggly through the 1 1/4 hour long wait to see the doctor and continued to be sweet until the nurse gave him 6,000 shots. His poor thighs are covered in bandages. As soon as we got in the car, he fell asleep. "Why?," you ask. "Did the trauma of the shots wear him out?" Why, no, my friend. He fell promptly asleep because it is difficult, almost impossible really, to eat and sleep at the same time. Since my sweet little one decided to eat 8, yes, 8 Times between midnight and 7 am, he was very very tired--probably almost as tired as his strung out, cranky mom who has yet to shower and is drinking her first cup of coffee as if it were the antidote to a deadly, excruciatingly painful poison.
To top off my REM-less night and the 75 minute wait at the doctor's office, my boy's doctor told me that he should be sleeping through the night by now and does not need to eat until morning. I felt a bubble of hysterical laughter catch right below my esophagus. A mother can dream, I guess.
To top off my REM-less night and the 75 minute wait at the doctor's office, my boy's doctor told me that he should be sleeping through the night by now and does not need to eat until morning. I felt a bubble of hysterical laughter catch right below my esophagus. A mother can dream, I guess.
No comments:
Post a Comment